Visiting the dentist is an important part of maintaining your overall health. Our practice has always implemented the highest level of infection control and we’ve built upon those principles in response to COVID-19. As always, we are disinfecting our facilities with a hospital-grade solution, and all dental instruments are sterilized or disposed of between each patient use. We’re committed to the health and safety of our patients and dental staff.
Our location will open for dental care starting the week of 6/9. Please call us at (203) 757-8855 to schedule an appointment. While most services are available, some appointments may be limited at this time. If you have an emergency before then, just call and you will be routed to our contact center to schedule an appointment at a neighboring location.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Please wait in your car and do not enter the practice. We will text or call you when your appointment time is ready.
- Only patients with appointments are allowed to enter the practice. Companions are asked to wait outside.
- All patients MUST wear a face mask when in the practice.
- Please follow all instructions given to you by our staff or outlined on the prominent signs in the office. These are for your safety and the safety of our dental team.
- Using the provided Hand Sanitizer is necessary before checking in.
- You will see Plexiglass shields at the reception desk for added protection
- Your temperature will be checked and you will be asked specific COVID-19 health screening questions prior to your appointment. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you will be asked to reschedule for a future date. All staff members receive the same screening daily.
- Chairs have been placed 6 feet apart and magazines, toys, and beverage machines have been removed from the reception area.
All surfaces are being disinfected three times per day or more, including countertops, reception chairs, and door handles.
Our clinical team is wearing the recommended additional PPE which includes masks, gloves, face shields and gowns including N95 or equivalent masks for more advanced procedures.
For patients with outstanding or postponed appointments, we will be reaching out to reschedule that appointment. Our office will contact you before your appointment to ask COVID-19 specific screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment. We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting time as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
If you are in braces, our orthodontic team will be reaching out to schedule your next regular appointment. At that time, your orthodontist will review your treatment plan, make any adjustments necessary, and answer any questions you may have.
Follow this guide for Handling Orthodontic Emergencies at home:
We are working directly with the state of CT, the ADA, and the CDC to ensure we are following all necessary protocols. At Sunrise Family Dental, we truly believe patients come first. If you have any questions, please call us at (203) 757-8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be well.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19 visit CDC.gov.