Naturally occurring latex has been linked in recent years to allergic reactions in people who use such products as latex gloves. The proteins in the latex, which can also become airborne, can cause problems in vulnerable people such as breathing problems and contact dermatitis. Some allergic reactions, including anaphylactic shock, have been more severe.
Many health experts have rightly attributed the dramatic increase of allergic reactions to latex in the health care community to the increased use of gloves and other personal protection equipment in light of the AIDS epidemic.
Latex is a pervasive substance in many household items-from toys and balloons to rubber bands and condoms.
Latex allergies could cause the following symptoms:
- Dry skin
- Low blood pressure
- Respiratory problems
- Tingling sensations
People with high-risk factors for latex allergy include those who have undergone multiple surgical operations, have spina bifida, or are persistently exposed to latex products.
If you are vulnerable to latex or have allergies related to it, please notify our office and, by all means, seek medical attention from your family physician.
Sunrise dental has always treated my family and I with professionalism and expertise, all of their staff are very kind and extremely knowledgeable.
Dr. Lathuras and her team are as good as it gets. The staff are wonderful, caring and attentive. This is a first class operation and I recommend Sunrise to everyone.
My 9 year old son and I went to Sunrise today. What a great experience for both of us. We both had our 6 month cleaning. What a great staff, from the front desk, to the hygienist, to the doctor… thank you!
Best and most comfortable dental cleaning I ever had.
Yes, I had a tooth extracted but everyone in the office was amazing and made me feel very comfortable. My dentist explained everything and made sure I was comfortable and ok the entire time!!!